The event will feature the competitive 5K run and a fun walk that loops around campus, beginning and ending outside the Chaifetz Arena on Saturday at 8 am. SLU students may have an extra incentive to race – there will be a $1,000 prize and traveling trophy awarded to the largest SLU team, as well as individual participation prizes (won from a name drawing) of $1,000, $750, and $500. All that cash for a few mile run? Ca-chinggg!
This year’s event also features -
- Live band – Red Letter Days
- First Aid Area, provided SLU Hospital
- Free mini-chair massages, provided by This Way Ladies Fitness & Wellness
- Participant giveaways, provided by Walgreens
- Free drawing for more gifts and prizes
- Convenient parking in the nearby Olive/Compton garage
- Free ticket to the Marcia E. Hamilton Volleyball Classic, September 7-8
- 250 Vitality Points for eligible SLU employees
- And, of course, the Billiken!
You can register online here.
The cost is $25 through Sept. 7th and $30 on race day. All net proceeds support the SLU Cancer Center.
Annual Billiken 5K
Saturday, Sept. 8th at 8am, Chaifetz ArenaTweet